• Dynamic Gray
• 1.125" Dropped Driveshaft: Like the 2017 Mountain Cat, this Early Release 2018 M 8000 Sno Pro is fitted with the 1.125" dropped driveshaft. The increased track-to-tunnel clearance of 3" allows us to use 8-tooth drive sprockets on this model, giving you a flatter approach angle with more floatability and maneuverability. In addition, you''ll also notice a huge difference in your sled handling. This update delivers a more efficient power transfer to the snow, letting you enjoy more horsepower when climbing, carving, sidehilling and boondocking.
• 12V Outlet
• 12V Outlet: Running low on power? Use the 12v plug-in to charge your phone or other electrical devices while you ride.
• 153-in. & 162-in. Power Claw Track with 3-in. Lugs: This lightweight, single-ply track with a 3" pitch sets the standard for deep snow performance. Stagger-set, curved-forward paddle towers won''t fold over. The new industry-leading 3" lug grips the powder like no other. Available in 153" and 162" lengths.
• 3" Mountain Height Windshield: The new angle design of this low windshield deflects wind in all the right directions and adds that eye-catching flare.
• 8000 C-TEC2 Engine with DSI: Introducing the most efficient and responsive 8000 engine from Arctic Cat. Fresh from our plant in St. Cloud, Minnesota, this 2-stroke engine features noticeably faster throttle response and acceleration compared with our previous 800, plus up to 30% reduction in oil consumption below 7000 rpm, 36% increase in low-end torque and 18% increase in midrange torque. Delivering a rare combination of increased power, reduced emissions, and ultra-low oil consumption, the overall crispness sets new standards for performance and rideability in the 160-hp class.
• Arctic Drive System with TEAM Drive and Driven Clutches: The Arctic Drive System features TEAM Rapid Response II drive and Rapid Reaction BOSS driven clutch combination for smooth shifting, optimal performance, maximum durability; great serviceability; and reduced weight. The new Rapid Response II drive clutch features a roller bearing on the shaft that enables an auto adjusting belt tension design and delivers consistent performance without manual adjustments. It also features a 12.5 percent lower effective starting ratio (while maintaining the top ratio) for smoother engagement and reduced belt wear at drive-away speed, with more evenly distributed force for lower belt pressure. It''s a design that''s unique to Arctic Cat.
• Arctic Mountain Front Suspension with FOX FLOAT 3 Shocks: Lightweight, forged-aluminum spindles have less surface area than the previous design, reducing drag and improving performance in deep snow. Also, dual-phase high strength alloy-steel A-arms are lighter than previous designs. FOX FLOAT 3 air shocks are improved for 2018 with improved ride and handling - with more supple compression in the initial stroke travel - thanks to increased volume on the ski shocks via a new body cap and shorter negative spring.
• Deluxe Digital Gauge with Altimeter: This dual configurable LCD screen gauge allows to you check all the vital information about your snowmobile and more. 15 different readings to be exact. There''s an odometer, speedometer, altimeter, max RPM, 2 trip meters, engine hours, low oil light, coolant temperature, exhaust temperature, intake air temperature, battery voltage, fuel level, clock and reverse indicator.
• FLOAT-ACTION Rear Suspension with Front Arctic Cat IFP and Rear FOX FLOAT 3: Thanks to increased shock length from 16 in. to 17 in. on the rear arm shock, the FOX FLOAT 3 air shock provides smother compression in the initial stroke travel. The FLOAT-ACTION rear suspension''s unique tri-hub rear axle system provides a better ride quality in all conditions.
• Front Mount Heat Exchanger: All M Series models incorporate the lightweight, single, front-mounted heat exchanger. The system is nearly 4 lbs. lighter than a full-length heat exchanger and results in the least amount of snow and slush retention during riding, helping the M Series maintain their real-world weight savings advantage. All M Series snowmobiles also come standard with ice-scratchers.
• Front-Mount Heat Exchanger
• Hand & Thumb Warmers
• Hand and Thumb Warmer: While others prefer fashion over function, Arctic Cat provides both when it comes to keeping your hands warm. Our new textured grips are thinner which allow you to hold onto the handlebar with less hand fatigue and the high and low options for the hand and thumb warmers are sure keep you going all day in comfort.
• Ice Scratchers
• Ice Scratchers: As part of the heat exchange system, ice scratchers can save the day when there''s minimal snow but plenty of ice. In that kind of riding condition, lowering the ice scrapers kicks up ice to help prevent your engine from overheating.
• In-Seat Storage
• Lightweight Brake Disc
• Lightweight Brake Disc: For improved performance, we''ve made the rotor 12% larger, yet 60% lighter. That translates to more confidence for rugged backcountry riding.
• Lightweight Mountain Seat: In the backcountry, the less weight the better. So we''ve designed this seat to be low and short. That also makes it easier to hop from one side of your sled to the other when carving through challenging terrain.
• Mountain Strap
• Mountain Strap: Want to shift your weight? This puts the extra leverage you need right in your hands.
• New Ascender platform with Next-Gen Mountain body panels: The Ascender platform brings a whole new way to attack the mountain. Running boards are 1 in. narrower than previous designs and the overall profile is 10% narrower for improved side-hill performance, improved venting and ease of laying the sled over in deep snow. The revised bellypan shape allows the rider''s feet to move 2 inches further forward for even greater ergonomic options for riding. The drive shaft dropped 1.125 inches allows for a 9.7º lowered approach angle providing more maneuverability and the ability to get up and stay up on the snow. Improved fit and finish with easy on/off one-piece body panels allow easy access to the engine compartment and brings a distinctive Arctic Cat styling.
• ProClimb - 7 Skis: The ProClimb-7 mountain ski is 7" at the tip, tapering to 6.5" at the center. The wider skis enhance your carving abilities and prevent unintended downhill braking. A wider ski damper featuring a longer axle and bolt increases lateral adjustability.